Whether you're running a Winter Fair or hosting a Parents Night Out, why not get the most out of your community gathering by adding on a few quick, easy, no-risk ideas to incorporate into your next fundraising event.
1. Raffle – Split 50/50
- Get raffle tickets and two boxes – one for the ticket and another for the money
- Sell raffle tickets
- Pick a raffle ticket and give half the money raised from raffle ticket sales to the winner. The other half goes to the school
2. Pick a Number Board
- Determine how many numbers you want to use, let's say 70
- Make a display (i.e. pick a number board) of 70 pieces of paper or envelopes, individually numbered from 1-70
- Display your pick a number board at an event or any high traffic area
- The participant simply picks a number and donates that amount
Need to set up online donations for your PTA? . . . Check this out for processing secure online donations.
3. Sell Merchandise
- Get a digital copy of your school's logo
- Upload it to an online custom apparel and accessories website and plop that logo all over t-shirts, sweatshirts, water bottles, etc.
- Note the price of the item and determine the sales price
- Aim for items at a variety of price points so all are able to buy something if they'd like
- Sell these items anywhere and anytime there is a crowd – of parents or middle and high school kids who can bring their own money
4. Partner with a bar or restaurant
- Work with a local bar or restaurant owner
- Set a date and agree on a plan to share profit
5. Mystery Wine
- Get bottles of wine of various types and values, preferably donated
- Be sure at least one of them is extra special in some way – price point, limited edition, comes with a gift certificate, etc.
- Conceal the wine bottles and neatly display them together
- Sell each bottle of wine for a set amount
6. Penny Drive
- A large bin container
- Put your bin in a high traffic area
- If you’re doing the penny drive at an event, be sure to let everyone know (in advance, multiple times) so they are sure to bring their loose change
PlanSocial provides online payment and community hubs for schools and PTAs. List events and volunteer opportunities, sell tickets and collect online donations, connect parents directly with others in their kids’ classes to build a strong community spirit. Create a hub for your school community in 2 minutes.