At PlanSocial, we work with PTAs all over the country, and regularly hear from committee members about their uphill struggle getting more PTA volunteers.
Yep, sure it would be a lot easier if loads of parents pitched in to help. But let's face it - PTAs don't always have the best rep, and some parents would rather run a mile barefoot in the snow than flip burgers for 3 hours at the summer fair.
We shared some of these reaction GIFs with PTAs on Facebook...
"Excellent. And all true!" was the reaction from one PTA Chair.
Take a look and see whether you recognise any of these reactions - whether you received them, or dished them out yourself! Watch the video, or scroll down to view each one.
1. The One Who Runs and Hides
2. The One Who Feels Incapable
3. The One Who Is Too Busy
4. The One Who Rolls their Eyes
5. The One Who Just Assumes You're Joking
6. The One Who Refuses Cheerfully
7. The One Who is Unrepentant
8. The One Who IS *Always* Sorry
9. The One That Just Doesn't Care
10. Nope... really no interest whatsoever
11. The One Who is Oblivious (or feigns ignorance!)
12. The One Who Can't Possibly Cope
13. The One Who Scares You
14. The One Who's Just Been Waiting to be Asked!
15. ...and Jumps Right In...
16. .. But Doesn't Like the Way Stuff Gets Done...
17. ...and Eventually Takes Over...
18. ...And is Outraged When Challenged...
19. ...And Quits Dramatically!
20. The One Who is Too Darn Scared to Say No
21. The One Whose Face Says It All
22. Then Accepts Their Fate Quietly
23. And Finally, the One you Wish you had Never Asked!
Over to You
Hope that gave you a bit of a giggle. Did we get them all? What did we miss?
When the same few PTA volunteers keep putting in hours of grafting, things can sometimes get a bit fraught. Hope this did a little to relieve the tension, and help you see the funny side next time you get a reaction like this.
PlanSocial’s innovative app helps PTAs to build a strong school community, where it's easy for anyone to contribute their time or skills occasionally. PTA members love it, because it saves time and stress, and grows their volunteer base. Parents like it too, because it actually feels good to help out... just a little!
Subscribe to our blog here.